Establishment of modern rehabilitation abroad is only half a century old, of modernrehabilitation treatment in China later last more than 10 years has been the ChineseGovernment’s attention and the attention of the medical community, particularly rehabilitation of children in recent years have been carried out. But from the level of advanced countries and regions, very remote from society of Pediatric rehabilitation requirements. Development and improvement of children’s rehabilitation, making itnew opportunities and new problems in the field of pediatric medicine. With the development of the lives of our people, culture, the economy, and to increase the quality of life of the people, rehabilitation medicine “to improve functionality, comprehensive rehabilitation, reintegration,” the three guiding principles, in line with the requirement of social medicine.
Our pediatric rehabilitation, development of
- Rehabilitation of the family: related departments such as Pediatric Neurology, Ke,neonatology, orthopedics, Chinese medicine and acupuncture, physiotherapy and other established on the basis of or combined.
- Named after rehabilitation: neurological rehabilitation, rehabilitation, Pediatric rehabilitation center.
- Staffing: Professional source for Pediatric Neurology professional, medical professional, Ke, newborn professional, Chinese medicine, and so on.
- Disadvantages: in rehabilitation assessment, rehabilitation, rehabilitation of basic theory knowledge of management.
- Pediatric rehabilitation prospects: the Chinese Government attaches great importance to, the establishment of relevant organizations and academic groups, currentlythe professional magazines, and increasing rehabilitation books, academic conferences regularly held as China’s economic development, ideals, the Pediatric rehabilitation new opportunities.
Second, the significance of Pediatric rehabilitation
1. The need for Pediatric rehabilitation:
- high percentage of persons with disabilities in Pediatrics: have information to report the number of persons with disabilities in China reached 4.9%, which was less than 6 years old accounted for 66%, so development of Pediatric rehabilitation, aimed at improving the quality of children’s groups.
- spectrum of Pediatric diseases deaths: due to the development of medical technology, improved disease and
- The survival rate of trauma and emergency medicine development, make critical child survival rates increase, neonatal medicine, decrease in perinatal mortality, developmental disabilities increased especially central nervous system infection in pediatric infectious disease pathogenesis is still more, to acquired neurological disability in children more; in addition, the chronicity of the disease, Pediatric rehabilitation servicesmore broadly.
- the inevitable result of economic development: population growth; transport andinjuries, increased opportunities for recreational activity growing Pediatric rehabilitation objects increases.
- health requirements of new ideas: new concept of health protection and promotion of children’s health; reproductive policy requirements for Pediatric rehabilitationservices to improve.
- response to major natural disasters and wars.
2. Social benefits:
on the one hand through the rehabilitation, so that many childrenwith disabilities, especially children with disabilities recover motor function and ADLin varying degrees of further therapy helped many high-risk infants through early intervention (including newborns) to avoid, reduce the impairment and disability, andreduce the burden on community and family.
3. Economic benefits:
promote the emergence, development and perfection of related, such as rehabilitation of children involved in addition to rehabilitation
Professional other than science, Neurology, and improved the neurophysiological assessment and examinations. Promoting the development of other professional, such as sports, job and language training, neurological and psychological professionals,promote the rehabilitation of other diseases, treatment improvement and diversification; additionally enhance the visibility required rehabilitation and intervention of children with long-term care and treatment in our hospital, changed from passive to active.
Third, the introduction of rehabilitation medicine (health prevention clinical rehabilitation)
- Rehabilitation definition: application is integrated and coordinated measures to reduce social dysfunction handicapped physically and mentally ill, the reintegration ofdisabled. Rehabilitation, as an idea, guiding ideology, must permeate the entire medical system including prevention, early identification, clinic, hospital and discharged patients in health plans. Medical independence, improving the quality of life of the entire target.
- Rehabilitation medicine: mostly due to injuries and acute and chronic diseases and aging caused by dysfunction, congenital developmental disorders with different causes all kinds of dysfunction, congenital, developmental disorders of the disabled. Its dysfunction is physical, psychology cannot function properly, this can be a potential or existing, reversible or irreversible, partially or completely, can coexist with disease, or sequelae. Rehabilitation medicine practice involving clinical subjects. Rehabilitation medicine focuses on holistic healing, fully reflect the biological, psychological,socio-medical model.
- Goal of rehabilitation medicine: the rehabilitation of various means, prevent the occurrence of obstacles. Secondary disorders in particular, reduce the degree of barrier and improve the patient’s ability to function and potential of disabled persons into the community.
- Rehabilitation services: includes three rehabilitation institutions rehabilitation, home rehabilitation services and community rehabilitation.
- Rehabilitation work: composed of multidisciplinary professionals, specializing in the form of joint operations and joint rehabilitation group. Leadership for rehabilitation physicians, members include physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, psychotherapists, prosthetics and Orthotics Division, an audiologist, optometrists and social workers.
- Rehabilitation evaluation: rehabilitation assessment is the basis of rehabilitation treatment, no regular treatment without assessment, evaluation, treatment,